Have you ever heard the term, “a hammer is a hammer and a nail is a nail”? That statement might sound pretty cut and dry but to those in the “know” understand there are over 23 different kinds of hammers and over 11 types of nails!
The same thing applies regarding roofers. Roofing contractors are a special breed. Carpenters are not roofers. Laborers are not roofers, and general contractors are not roofers. Can they all use a hammer to hit a nail to attach a shingle to your roof? Yes, but a professional roofing company is the best one for the job, mainly for the following reasons. We’re:
- Properly licensed
- Committed to high-quality work
- Ethical in our business dealings
- Established, proven and reliable
- Technically competent
- Willing to stand behind our work
- Committed to our industry
- Insured and committed to safety
- Trained and experienced
Years ago carpenters did it all, but that was before new building codes and state certifications. Roofing codes are rewritten every year just so the industry can keep up with the developments in the industry. This is good news for homeowners but requires you to do your homework when selecting roofing contractors for your next Denver project.
The Differences Between Roofing Contractors, Roofers and Roofing Companies
- Roofer: In general terms is simply someone who works on roofs. This person may be a licensed roofing contractor, a general contractor who also does roofs, an unlicensed contractor who works on roofs or someone employed by a roofing company. They may be licensed as a roofing contractor or as a general contractor. They may work with a crew. They may work for or own a roofing business or company. They may also use sub-contractors or do the work themselves.
- Roofing Contractor: Someone that is licensed with the state as a contractor who specializes in roofing. Most of the time a roofing contractor will carry out the work themselves, but in a few cases they may subcontract out the work. There are times when a roofing contractor may be employed by a roofing company.
- Roofing Company: Specializes in one of a few areas which include roofs. A company will usually employ a crew made up of licensed roofers and will have longevity in the industry. Roofing companies are likely to offer fairly substantial warranties and are unlikely to hire out the job to someone outside of their crew. Reputable roofing companies are also likely to employ background checks on the people they hire, which can help give you some piece of mind.
If you need a new roof or repairs to an existing or leaking roof, hire a licensed certified roofing company like Endeavor Exteriors. You can check their references, see their credentials, and know that they have a local history. They are the right hammer and nail Denver roofing contractors for your job!